Thursday, December 2, 2010

Popular Mechanics

I was really confused as to what happened at the end of the story. It sounds as if they ripped the baby apart or something..? I don't really know. What I do know is that someone clearly needs to call child protection services because that can't be legal. Alright, so not only did I dislike the end of this story, but I also disliked what I believe is the central theme or idea of the story. So this couple is going through a rough time (maybe a divorce?). Just like in many other similar instances, one of the spouses is left packing up his/her belongings planning to move out. Whenever people separate it seems like there is always that one item that they have to fight over- In my parents case it was the giant painting of my brother, sister and I. Neither one of my parents would give it up, they fought for months over who would get to keep the picture. The same idea happens in this story except instead of an inanimate object that is being fought over, it's a baby. And what really makes me mad is that it doesn't even seem like the parents care about the baby (from the way they are manhandling him). The two of them seem more concerned with the idea of beating the other parent. I mean really, have they never heard of joint custody?

1 comment:

  1. oh and just a thought... where in the heck does the title come from???

    ReplyDelete