Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hunters In The Snow

The word "friendship" definitely does not come to mind when thinking about this story. When I started to read this story I thought, "okay, this is a story about a group of friends (somewhat sarcastic ones) are going on a hunting trip together. sounds nice." Well, I was wrong. There are three main characters in the story: Tub, Kenny, and Frank. Tub is described as overweight and picked on probably the most throughout the story. However, there are a lot of "shifts" in the story. At some points it seems like Tub is being picked on (for example paragraph 34 where Frank and Kenny make fun of Tubs weight). At other points in the story however Tub is trusted. (for example pages 197 and 198 when Frank creepily admits to having a secret love for his 15 year old babysitter). In response to question 4 I don't think any of the characters really underwent a major change in the story. If i did have to choose one character I think I would say Kenny. This is because before he gets shot he seems to have a lot more insulting and argumentative dialogue. However, after he is shot he sort of just goes with the flow listening to whatever Frank and Tub tell him to do. I thought the characters in this story were just unrealistic and rude. I would never go on a hunting trip with people who were so hateful towards one another(i hate hunting anyways so it doesnt really matter).

No comments:

Post a Comment