Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How I met My Husband

So I know I just spent my whole last blog complaining about this story, but I really did like it. It was really unexpected. The curve-ball at the end was kind of cute. I really liked the main character in the story because she seemed really relatable to a younger girl- she was a little naive and curious. I especially liked the ending because I think the mail-man suited her much more. What I was thinking was if this Chris guy has a fiance and leaves her for a little girl (which I pretty much had the feeling was close to illegal) how in the world could she believe that he actually loved her? It was really sad that Edie was so gullible to believe what he said. Even worse than that is the fact that she didn't have a doubt in her mind he was lying to her; for months she just waited by the mailbox hoping to hear from him. I like happy endings (and legally appropriate ones) which is why I really liked the fact that she ends up falling for the mailman. However it does make you wonder if she really did love him or if he was kind of a rebound. I mean the girl never had a boyfriend and she practically had her heart broken by some stranger and then this guy comes along and she just falls for him like that. Quick enough that it really only requires one sentence to explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment